WEDNESDAY 27TH DECEMBER, 2017 READ – DAY: Luke 22:1-34; Night: Neh 4-6
THEME: GOD’S PERFECT WILL
TEXT: ROMANS 12: 1 – 2
HYMN: EMHB 386 – O Thou Who camest from above
Knowing God’s perfect will is a lifelong pursuit in order to stay in the exact centre of His plan. There are vital keys to knowing God’s will. Here they are:
1) More than 90% of His will has been revealed carefully through His Word. If we do not obey the things that God has shown us clearly to be His will, why would we think He would reveal any further information regarding His plan for our lives? (Romans 12:1-2)
2) Surrender your will to God: Many times when we say we are seeking God’s will, what we are saying to God is this: “OK, God, here’s what I’m planning to do. Now I need you to rubber-stamp this.
3) Christianity is all about relationship. That relationship is best cultivated by spending time studying His Word, in prayer, and in fellowship with God’s children (Proverbs 3:5-6). Moreover, in prayer please take time to listen to what God has to say.
4) If you choose to surround yourself with godly advisers, they will be instrumental in helping you discern God’s plan for your life (Proverbs 11:14).
5) His plan for you may be directly related to the gifts that He has bestowed upon you (1 Peter 4:10).
6) In addition to listening to the Holy Spirit, commit your ways to Him. (Psalms 37:4-5).
7) Take a look at your circumstances: God often clearly demonstrates His plan for our lives by lining up circumstances in obvious ways (Acts 16:6-10).
MEMORY VERSE: Romans 12:2 “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
PRAYER: Let me know your perfect will, O Heavenly Father, and grant me the grace to be doer of Your will in Jesus’ name. Amen.